Saturday, September 8, 2012

History Week


Each year the NSW History council organises a week celebrating all things historical. This year the theme is 'threads'. I can't wait to check out all the talks and exhibitions around town exploring ideas around historic dress!

One very exciting project undertaken this year is 'The Muses'.  Six historic muses were chosen and offered to Australian designers as inspiration for the design of an outfit. These were presented at the launch of history week and can be seen in this fashion film set in the State Library. I love seeing this space that I frequent for my research, turned into an atmospheric fashion film.



1 comment:

  1. Oh my - this is the perfect synthesis of library/books/fashion/film - it brings together three of my main passions! I love the use of the library as film set and the sequence on the stairs works so beautifully that I had to watch it again.

    ReplyDelete

Go on then!