Monday, May 14, 2012

Junk at Camelot


A few weeks ago we went out to Camelot to see Mic Conway's National Junk band, supported by our friends in the Rusty Spring Syncopators. I have been wanting to get out to this venue ever since it opened! It's owner, Yaron, is an amazing collector of everything 'camels' - the place is chocker-block with quirky bits and pieces of camel-related things he has acquired over the years. It is like sitting in a cabinet of curiosities, with the added bonus of yummy food and great music.

The bands were such fun. I had never seen Mic Conway's group - but am now a huge fan. They were seriously entertaining. Not only did they produce a great sound, but there was tap dancing, humour and magic tricks! I can't wait to go see them again!

I wore a new (to me) dress, made of the most lovely silk. It might just be my new favourite!






5 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful venue! I really like the dimmed lighting, perfect to go with your silk dress

    ReplyDelete
  2. a jug band! How fun. I want to see more of your dress. Your hair is getting long & it looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds amazing fun. Mike reminded me of an old blues recording he has of Gus Cannon's Jug Stompers on an alblum full of Jug Bands music. It's brilliant and reading this wiki article, they also used all sorts of household objects to play on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jug_band

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks awesome! We need to catch up - I'm pretty busy at the moment leading up to Europe (in a few weeks!) so maybe we can catch up afterwards? July sometime (that sounds far away but it really isn't, this year is going way too fast!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I had no idea this place existed! It looks like a haven of kitschy goodness.
    You're hair is also lovely! x

    ReplyDelete

Go on then!