Sunday, April 22, 2012

a party dress


Last night I had the pleasure of attending Kayla's birthday party, dress code: "that thing you never get an opportunity to wear". I seem to wear most of the silly things I own, but this lovely lace dress I bought from clever nettle a few years ago really doesn't come out as often as it should. Besides, where better to take it than a birthday party? I felt like a little girl ready for a game of pass the parcel!


Outfit Details:
Hat - vintage via Mr Stinky
Dress - vintage via clevernettle
Crinoline - vintage via Rozelle markets
Shoes - Melissa

16 comments:

  1. Aw such a sweet dress! And what a cool dress code, i could imagine what I would wear :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should get it out more it's stunning.

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect dress!! I love the lace, and that hat is just too cute.
    Gosh, I need an invitation to that sort of party; I too have some fancy vintage party dresses squirreled away, and absolutely no place to wear them, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You looked beautiful Bec! I was really pleased that most people dressed to the theme, and surprised at some of the amazing things that my friends have been keeping squirreled away in their wardrobes.

    Also, LOVE Clever Nettle. I only found it recently, but the stock is so affordable and the shop is updated so often that I've been back a number of times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That first photo is fabulous!! Such a lovely dress and a great fit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely love the hat and the vintage dress. Lovely!

    Cheers,
    Cathy@embroidery digitizing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Betty Draper eat your heart out! What a stunning dress. Also, a great party theme - I might be appropriating that idea myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This lace dress is so amazing ! And it fits you perfectly ! You can definitly wear it more often !!!
    Please, check out my blog and tell me what you think : http://selenite.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a beautiful dres... and a great idea for a dress code... I might have to organize a party along those lines myself!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute dress! You look absolutely lovely. X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely dress and you look beautiful! (plus what a great party theme!!)
    x

    ReplyDelete

Go on then!