Sunday, January 22, 2012

Tropical heat



 We're up to that part of summer where the days are hot and sticky, going out in them feels like stepping into a sauna, then at twilight, it seems like the sky just can't sweat any longer, and it erupts into thunder storms. I like the rhythm of it, but I think my skin could do without all that sun - or heat.

I decided to embrace the heat with a little tropical ensemble, although I think passer-by's thought Ian and I were dressed up for some theme - him in his usual Hawaiian print shirt and me wearing this!



Outfit Details
dress - Basque from Myer, dyed and altered
shoes - ninewest
hair flowers - equip


14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! Your red lipstick looks divine. I'm so jealous of your summer heat and greenery over here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so pretty! And red looks gorgeous on you! great outfit.

    xoxo
    www.thefashionmoodboard.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely dress my love, and your hair is amazing..
    If you have a minute follow back, if you like what u see..
    best wishes
    milla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos!! It makes me wish I was taking a trip to Hawawaii so I could get away with wearing something tropical in the winter. ...so sad it's still winter in the northern hemisphere, so hopefully I'm not coming across bitter;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh, I am completely besotted with your dress! <3 The floral print is truly a dream!

    x
    Lost in the Haze: Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. great look rebecca! ;)
    following
    *
    HF

    http://www.the-hf-blog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. My beautiful Rebeccak, what an inspiration you always are.
    Adoring that dress, and you in the foliage.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK - tropical heat - I am NOT jealous (ha ha!)
    Love the red toes

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look stunning, what a fabulous dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you look amazing! Your hair and make up is so lovely and that dress... a dream!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful ensemble! and your lipstick is such a lovely shade of red. Can you go for a swim when the heat is intolerable? Your weather report sounds pretty awesome to me, but I guess it's cause I'm in winter (well Southern Cali winter, which isn't all bad).

    ReplyDelete

Go on then!