Monday, December 12, 2011

Tom and Maddy's Wedding


Last weekend we had the great pleasure of sharing in the celebration of our dear friends' wedding. It is kind of hard to believe that they announced their engagement two years ago! How time flies. The ceremony was gorgeous and really gave a sense of how thoughtful and caring the Tom and Maddy are, not just with each other, but everyone around them.

I arranged the flowers - which was such a joy - it is something I really miss since leaving work at the florist. It didn't hurt that the flowers I had to work with were completely stunning roses and peonies, and that the entire bridal party were overwhelmingly appreciative. I also had some super handy helpers in Ian and my parents!

Unfortunately I totally failed in the photo department (although doing the flowers and getting myself dressed and made-up felt like enough of a feat!). I got no photos of the stunning bride and her groom - and forgot to take my camera to the ceremony. So here are just a few glimpses from the reception.

My brother, making faces in preparation for his role as MC.

 Ian looking fancy to fit in with the fancy setting.
 A few of the groomsmen (with my buttonholes!)
The groom's gorgeous sister (with one of my bouquets)
 And me!

Outfit details:
dress - vintage (and altered by me)
shoes - Django and Juliette
hair flowers - DIY


2 comments:

  1. Wonderful pics, dear Rebeccak.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are so wonderful and your dress is lovely! It looks so well on you.

    Sam

    ReplyDelete

Go on then!