Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Forest Friends


It feels like a my time in London was a life-time ago. But I still have a tonne of photos too good not to share! So let's just forget the whole "blogging as a great live medium" for a moment, shall we?

These photos were from a particularly lovely afternoon in October, where I had the pleasure of Nicole's company for a visit  Viktor Wynd's Little Shop of Horrors. Nicole was so incredibly welcoming and showed me a bunch of her new favourite London haunts.  This place was particularly impressive. It was a quintessential curiosity shop, with some of the most extraordinary specimens. You all know my great interest in taxidermy - this place really delivered! I might have walked out with half the store, if I hadn't had visions of Australian customs having a fit!

I wore my new fox-fur stole - Frederick. He is lovely and soft, and oh-so-sweet. I also enjoy the way he makes small children tug at the mother's hems when they catch a glimpse of his little lifeless paws hanging down my shoulders (tee hee). Nicole tacked a little alligator appliqué to her dress - making it perfect for our animal adventure. You can read her post on the place (if you haven't already!) here.













9 comments:

  1. Ooh great photos! I adore that fox stole!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that place looks marvelous!! You both look so lovely, and Frederick is quite glamourous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You named your fox stole Frederick! Haha, I love that! I've never been to a house of horrors/curiosity shop, but I've always imagined them as fun places to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your pics!!!unique and spooky!!!

    mysteryfishbowl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an extraordinary place! I'm going to have to look it up one time when I'm in London as it looks so theatrical. Adore what you and Nicole wore for your visit there - it really adds to the sense of drama, like you've walked onto a set.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww this is one of my favourite shops! You two fit so perfectly in it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are both so unique.
    Happy New year, dear friend.
    Do keep in touch.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that place looks fantastic and I am so pleased you found your perfect Frederick! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, so nice photos. I have been to London many times but not heard of that place. Think I shall pay it a visit next time I travel there. :)

    ReplyDelete

Go on then!