Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Old Friends


While in London I jetted off for a few days in Amsterdam (hence the Amsterdam photo essay). One of my oldest friends, Anne (we've known each other for nearly 20 years!) lives just outside the city. She is an incredible pianist and was a wonderful host. We also managed to catch Sara - another friend since forever - for a picnic dinner in a park haunted by geese. I love these two ladies. We don't get together very often, but every time we do, we seems to just pick up where we left off. It was such a treat to be in the same place at the same time!It was a great little side trip, the sort of thing I really covet as an Australian, where even the shortest little trip to another country is a really long way!







3 comments:

  1. Oh friends like this are the best! When you can just pick up where you left off.

    Looks like you had a wonderful time!

    xoxo mama wolf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amsterdam is great, isn't it? I love all the bridges and canals. It's only a 2 hour trip by train for me, it's been a while since I've been there but now I want to go back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, i'd love to hear your friend play! I love the piano. Would love to visit Amsterdam some time, too! I have a great aunt who lives in Arnhem.

    x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

    ReplyDelete

Go on then!