Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Jacaranda Blooming


We took these photos weeks ago. The Jacarandas have since bloomed, the flowers have been trodden into a green-purple sludge, and the trees have little green bits slowly popping out and making their way out of hibernation.

I love this time of year - Sydney spring is really something to behold. The colours and the light are magnificent. The only dampener is the great rush of work and jobs to get done before the end of the year! Spring seems to slip into summer a little too quickly.

There saying that surrounds this Jacaranda tree on campus, which is: that if you haven't started studying by the time the Jacaranda blooms you will most likely fail your exams. Just another lovely spring link between stress and beauty!











Outfit details:
dress - vintage from the Brooklyn flea
cardi - SES
bag - Old Spittalfields Antique Markets
hair flowers - Old Spittalfields Antique Markets
Brooch - brick lane market
shoes - Office
tights - gift



13 comments:

  1. Beautiful blog! Love your outfit, the colors are so soft and fits your pale than very well! Love the hair and the little roses in it:D Following your blog definitely:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had lost you in my blogroll. I bought my domain in blogger, and all the blogroll disappeared.I have got you back now, yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
    You look so wonderful in purple like the jacaranda bloom. A Spanish word" jacaranda".
    Soooooooooooo glad to have you back.
    I love, love that chair booche.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. What elegant photos! I love the flowers in your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so pretty!!! I am loving these spring photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many beautiful things in this post! The flowers, your outfit, and your hair is adorable! I'm loving the maroon color of your dress.

    xoxo mama wolf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the purple of your outfit against the green of the grass is ust too pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great post, I enjoyed it so much! Really nice photos!

    Last day to enter the Fox House giveaway on my blog!
    Take a look and maybe follow?: Cosa mi metto???

    ReplyDelete
  8. The whole outfit is lovely, I particularly adore the colours! And your hair style is gorgeous too, I wish I had the patience to learn how to do proper hair styles :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH I love these pics - so wish it was spring time here - gorgeous
    Axx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The dress and the hair is amazing!

    xoxo,

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Jacaranda look amazing! And I really love how you've done your hair (:
    http://itscohen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, the Jacaranda is beautiful. And so are you! I'm half-convinced that no one else can wear berry/jewel tones as well as you. The flower in your hair is lovely. It reminds me of dried hydrangea.

    ReplyDelete

Go on then!