Saturday, September 3, 2011

Swing in San Francisco


Hello all! Well I had grand plans to be one of those great globe-trotting bloggers who keeps posting wonderfully insightful tid-bits about their voyage, but alas, I am not. I have been running around being a tourist instead!

I am now settling into life (and sleep patterns!) in London, but want to catch you up on my adventures in America first. These photos were snapped by my brother in Golden Gate Park in San Francisco. We went to the free Sunday swing lesson, then hung around for some social dancing. It was such great fun! Everyone was so friendly and happy to offer some helpful pointers. I think I learnt more in a few hours here than I have ever before.

Half this outfit is new - I have done a fair bit of shopping so far! I used the cold in SF (seriously, summer there is FREEZING) as an excuse to buy this little wool jacket. This dress was just to precious to leave behind. I will introduce you to my other acquisitions shortly, although traveling without my beloved photographer man makes outfit photos that bit more challenging!







9 comments:

  1. You have such a great style! Reminds me on Mary Poppins! Love your skirt very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why there's a constant lag on my blog. Living takes precedence over blogging! Looks amazing, and you're really getting around. I don't envy the San Franciscans their weather one bit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking lovely, must be a fun journey so far if there is no time for blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a cute outfit. SF is fun. I went there on my honeymoon a decade ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great atmosphere in these pictures!

    Aura
    www.littlebitsoffashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're in London right now?? How exciting. I do hope you've brought that gorgeous little wool jacket with you - you'll need it today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. golden gate park is awesome. so big you can make it a day trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. eeek, I'm so jealous! Sounds like you're having a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute dress! And the dancing looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Go on then!