Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Mie blues

I have been a bit slow posting these photos, taken a few weeks ago on my birthday weekend. After dinner with my family on my special day, Ian and I rolled up the mountains for dinner with his family where I was spoiled all over again.

We took these at one of the bazillion lookouts around Katoomba. The scenery is absurdly beautiful. The mountains stretch into the distance, or seem to float away under fog on a misty day. I was unconsciously channeling the 'mie scattering' effect that gives the mountains their blue-green colour palette.

Also a quick note to let you know I will be travelling to San Francisco, New York and London over the next two months. I have been in touch with some of you already, but if anyone wants to meet up in your neck of the woods please let me know!




 
Outfit details:
dress - vintage via ebay
coat - a tiny little place at the bottom of the QVB
tights - tights please
shoes - gentle soul
bag - glebe markets

12 comments:

  1. Oh I wish I was going to be in NY the same time as you are. It would've been fun to meet up:) The views from your pictures look beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how lovely. I am going to London again in September, but I will just be there on evening for further travels to Edinburg. But hope you will have alot of fun there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is beautiful there... and is that a stone crown? Just lovely anyway!

    Well, I'll be in Barcelona... so let me know if you're stopping there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your coat is oh-so divine! <3 And your hair looks amazing too!

    x
    Lost in the Haze

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the combination between art and fashion..like this mood in your blog!
    Would u come, see mine and follow me if u like it??I'd be very happy..smile from Milan!

    Patchwork à Porter

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your coat and this place looks so beautiful :)

    Wow, I didn't realize you're travelling all over the place :) You must be so excited! That's amazing :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. What gorgeous nature. I love places like this.

    I live in New York. If you need advice on things to see while you're passing through, e-mail me and I'll tell you about the best restaurants, etc. (fhu@pipeline.com)

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous photos-- and sounds like a fun trip. I'll be out of the country from the end of August til september 15th. when are you in s.f? we should most definitely get together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are a picture of retro elegance in these shots. I admit they kind of reminded me of the end of Heavenly Creatures when they're walking in the reserve in New Zealand, except without the gruesome murder! Just the fantastic style ;)

    ReplyDelete

Go on then!