Monday, July 18, 2011

Goldie got got

 I got home this afternoon in time to see a very pleased Mr. Kookaburra in the garden wrestling with a squirming goldfish from our pond. And you know, it was funny, as I stood there snapping these photos I wanted to be mad at him - I feed those fish!! and clean gunk out of their pond! - but I was actually kind of impressed. Those birds have been scoping the pond for weeks and now finally they scored some dinner. Hope it was yummy guys! I will miss poor Goldie!


11 comments:

  1. I feel like I shouldn't be giggling about this :) Very skillful. Alas poor Goldie.. off to swim in the next world

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww poor goldie! Those fish have been remarkably good at hiding until now, I guess it was inevitable it would happen eventually. How many are there left?

    ReplyDelete
  3. But I have to say, the kookaburra is damn cute. I was reminded of them the other day when B was trying to laugh, but only managed to make some squeaking sounds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww. I agree with Sarah though. The kookaburra is rather cute. Especially because I've never really seen one before!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh poor fish, but good that bird finally got some dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you caught nature in action. Good photography. Sorry about the fish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute post, but poor Goldie!! And now I have the kookaburra song stuck in my head:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! Thanks for your comment! I definitely agree, home is so distracting, even housework is, surprisingly! I wish I had lovely kookas in my backyard like you though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh poor goldie - great pictures though! Sally x

    ReplyDelete
  10. that bird is so unique. Sorry he eats your fishies!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Go on then!