Monday, July 4, 2011

Foggy Mountain


 Ian and I went up to visit his parents in the Blue Mountains this weekend. It is always a such a treat. I love bundling up in layers on the train and stepping out into the cold air on the platform to see Ian's breath fog up his glasses. We ate delicious food, caught up and played word games that completely scrambled my brain!

On Saturday I went to an antiques fair and a bunch of vintage and thrift stores with Ian's mum and Stella. Both of these ladies have great style and should totally have blogs of their own (although my not-so-subtle hints continue to fall on deaf ears). The antiques fair was mostly over-priced knick knack's, but I scored a few exciting bits and pieces at other shops that I can't wait to show you!


 May I present the ever-awesome and totally invincible Chester sniffing up the foreground
 Creepy army of dress-up rabbits. Who collects these things?!
Outfit Details:
Top - Red cross shop in Newtown
Skirt - vintage fair
belt - vintage fair
coat - vintage fair
tights - ?
shoes - Naot 

photos of my by Ian and Stella, others by me. 


19 comments:

  1. Oh, pretty outfit, I like the top :)
    And I think those bunnies are cuuute :DD

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling outfit. I love the colors combinations too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your top is so divine! <3 I love the colour and the nautical feel!


    x
    Lost in the Haze

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, I recall buying a rabbit knick-knack at some point in my childhood. He was dressed like a grandpa sailor, thank you very much! Speaking of sailors, I love that top.... and I agree with you that stepping out of a train into frosty air and breathing deep (and then going for a cream tea, in my books) is a wonderful feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lot of wonderful fun you had (and looked great doing it)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ~ * ♥ * ~

    Love your top Rebecca ~ the white pipping and bow detail are gorgeous! I must confess though, I do not find the rabbits creepy; I think they are kind of cute! > <

    xox,
    bonita of Depict This!
    ~ * ♥ * ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow, those rabbits really are creepy! you look lovely, along with chester, who looks like a bundle of cuteness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm curious to see what you've bought! Those rabbits are very... interesting ;). Your outfit is wonderful, I love that cute top!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely outfit! I love the purple coat! The rabbits are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like such fun!
    I love that little sailor top, how adorable!! And your hair looks marvelous curled like that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a beautiful coat. i've been looking for one in a bright color for fall, purple is so darling.

    ReplyDelete
  12. such a cute outfit! I love your classic style :)

    XO Sahra
    EffortlessCool

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your coat is lovely! And I like the shoes too, didn't realise Naot made that style...

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are a natural blonde Rebeccak. I can tell for the incredible shade of your hair.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the blue tones of your outfit, and the top is so cute! What a great collar!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That outfit is adorable, and I especially love the top! Also, it's nice to meet you, Chester.

    ReplyDelete

Go on then!