Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Winter Solstice

Finally we have met the shortest day of the year, so now each afternoon there will be a *little* more light -each day a little brighter! In the last few moments of glorious sun yesterday, Ian and I ventured out into the cold for a few photos. This is an outfit I wear frequently, so it is a bit odd that it hadn't made it to the blog till now. This skirt and jumper are both pieces I bought on a whim, but that have remained in high rotation in my wardrobe. They were not expensive and when I bought them I really didn't think they would be very special. But I end up wearing them almost once a week! It always seems to be the unexpected things that end up being major staples in my wardrobe, and not the things I spend a tonne of money on, or desperately covet. What about you? Can you predict whether something will become a treasured favorite before you take it home?

Thank you for all your well wishes on my last post, I am feeling much better and my knitting has progressed in leaps and bounds!

Outfit Details:
Jumper - thrifted in Berlin
Scarf - gift from my parents
Skirt - thrifted
tights - ?
Shoes - Gentle Soul

14 comments:

  1. You take gorgeous photos. The sunlight is perfect!! And cute skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful pictures! It is the summer solstice where I live. Haha. Thank you for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have such a nice blog!

    xoxo

    http://asimplefate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your hairstyle, pretty colour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely outfit & I just adore the roots on those trees! so mystical! wishing you tons of sunlight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ~ * ♥ * ~

    I love the third photo Rebecca ~ it's stunning! Your outfit looks so nice; cute & warm. : D

    xox,
    bonita of Depict This!
    ~ * ♥ * ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. i know it's just simple geography, but it still blows my mind that it's going into winter where you are and summer where I am! not surprised you're getting use out of that skirt-- it's so classic. glad you're feeling better by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These photos are absolutely amazing!

    And I agree with Maria. The days are longer, and hotter and brighter, and then for you the snow is rapidly approaching. It's crazy to think about. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. completely gorgeous photos. xo


    p.s. I'm having a $50 giveaway if you'd like to check it out. :)
    devorelebeaumonstre.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a nice scenery

    www.dentelleetfleurs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. what fun lighting and the tree is so cool with your outfit, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable outfit! Love the colors!

    Xx

    http://chelseasgirl.wordpress.com/

    http://theidea-generator.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to have found your blog - I adore this skirt so much!

    ReplyDelete

Go on then!