Sunday, June 5, 2011

Picnic with a birthday boy


This weekend was Ian's birthday. We got up to a beautiful sunny morning (after a week of rain), filled a thermos with hot chocolate and went for a walk around the South head of Sydney Harbour. We sat looking out with the ocean on our right, the harbour and the city on the left - it was pretty magical. The cliff line is littered with 19thC gunners' barracks and trenches. The cannons have almost all been removed, so all that is left are large circular shapes chipped out of the rock. I also love the candy-stripe paint job on the old lighthouse. Those Victorians really knew how to decorate!

I wore a new (to me) dress that I won through a giveaway from Calivintage and Bohemian Bisoux Vinatge . I was totally thrilled to be able to pick two gorgeous dresses. This one is made of a wonderful robust linen and has amazing pineapple-shaped buttons! I had a go at Erin's famous jumping shot - but I think I'll leave this one to the expert, she is far more graceful!
Ian had a go as well (complete with birthday boy badge)!


Outfit details:
Dress - Bohemian Bisoux Vintage on etsy
Shoes - Django and Juliette
Cardigan - SES
Bag - thrifted
Belt - vintage fair

13 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday. You are both sooooooooooooo lovely!!
    Great pics
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I'd love to win one of her giveaways, and that dress is too cute with the little pineapple buttons.

    Jumping shots are kind of hard. I always have to shoot about 20 of them to get one good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What charming photos. I love that old lighthouse. I haven't ever seen one painted in that way! Lucky gal on the dress. What a dream! I need more linen in my wardrobe. Hapy bday to Ian -- what a lovely way to spend the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photos! That dress looks great on you. I visited Sydeny for the first time a few months ago, the harbour is really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, that is so cool! I have never visited a lighthouse before - but have always always always wanted to!

    x
    www.lostinthehaze.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous! Love the photos at the lighthouse especially :)
    and happy birthday to Ian of course!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a cute dress, the buttons are adorable!!

    Happy Birthday to your wonderful man. :)


    xoxo,
    Addie
    The Cat Hag

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice pics, great location!

    If you want visit and follow or join to my giveaway:
    http://rejectingtheobviousness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all the details on your outfit and what a picturesque location! I need to get back out to the coast this summer and see some local landmarks. (:

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your win!! What a fabulous dress!! You wear it so well and you're gorgeous in these pics:) I really loved the photos of you and Ian jumping. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ~ * ♥ * ~

    Wow, what a lovely dress Rebecca ~ I adore the candy striped lighthouse as well. So great to look at! : D

    xox,
    bonita of Depict This!
    ~ * ♥ * ~

    ReplyDelete

Go on then!