Wednesday, June 1, 2011

It's a birthday party

Last weekend I went out into the city to celebrate my friend Kira's birthday.We have a running joke that we have known each other since before we were born (our parents were friends before we existed). It was such a lovely night, catching up and dancing. I can't remember the last time I went out to a club in the city and actually enjoyed it!

We also happened upon the Vivid Festival - a spectacular city-wide light show. They had some incredible light projections on Custom's House. I even made you guys a little video!

video 
I wore this dress and tried an early '60s look with my hair/make-up. I did a sort of modest beehive (I'm not sure I have enough length to go super crazy!).

8 comments:

  1. I love the collar of your dress - it's just so demure, yet stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so nice! The whole dress is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this look! The updo makes it very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anything 1960s is my absolute favorite. There is something about up-do hair, accentuated eyes, and mini dresses that is so classic. And you look lovely! It is very elegant and suits your quite well. Looks like a fun night!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! Thanks so much for the hair tip, I can't wait to try it out! It looks fantastic on you. I love that collar on your dress by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic: being friends before you both were born.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. woah what a strange and interesting show!
    I love your hair and make-up here!

    ReplyDelete

Go on then!