Friday, May 27, 2011

Recipe for Murder

I just finished watching Recipe for Murder, a documentary about a series of Thallium poisonings that were perpetrated by women in the 1950s in Sydney. Scary stuff! Apart from the fascinating history, it has some great costumes in the recreated scenes and my very talented cousin Galya Kay did the graphic design (she painstakingly recreated all those newspaper shots). Australians can watch it for the next 13 days on ABC iView (sorry international folk, siully licencing laws mean you guys are barred from the ABC site streaming), but for those who are able, happy watching!


6 comments:

  1. I missed this when it was on TV so I have to wait a month for it to come out on DVD (I don't really like watching stuff on iView, to be honest...). It's something I would want to keep, anyway!
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Freaky but awesome, must watch it! And my hem was perfectly sewed due to being in good company I think - hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched this too, and just like you was enamoured with the clothing and make up. I think my roommate was annoyed with me because I kept ooing and ahing over the veils instead of listening to the actual documentary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds fascinating - I'm definitely going to check it out!

    xoxo ~ Courtney
    http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that first shot with the shadow against the wall. Looks like a great watch! :)

    ReplyDelete

Go on then!