Monday, May 2, 2011

Autumn sun and orange blossoms


These are the last few photos from out Easter trip. My camera batteries died after the bonfire, so we borrowed my friend's awesome DSLR for these and now I am sorely tempted to invest in one. The colours and the light so perfectly captured - warm and bright - even without camera know-how! I love my baby canon ixus, but maybe it is time to wade into the big kid's whirlpool and get serious?

This dress is one I picked up years ago at Vinnies, it is a few sizes too big and almost found its way into my market stall. I decided to wear it for one last hurrah before selling it, but remembered how comfy it is and got so many comments on the print, I decided to hold onto it for a little while longer.



10 comments:

  1. You always take the most fabulous pics Rebeccak. You are headeing to autumn and us to a very, very hot summer, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look lovely. It's true, the print on your dress is fabulous. For some reason these photos remind me of Grey Gardens. In the best way possible, since that is one of my favorite documentaries. Very pretty!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. "even without camera know-how!"
    Pfffft.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ~ * ♥ * ~

    DSLRs are a lot of fun! I am in love with mine. > U < What a gorgeous spot for taking pictures and your dress looks awesome Rebecca. : )

    xox,
    bonita of Depict This!
    ~ * ♥ * ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this dress! Good decision on not giving it up - it really does look great on you and you cannot tell it is too big (probably because it's a wrap).

    Great post!

    xo Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Photos and dress are both glorious! :) Good job you're holding on to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These photos are wonderful! I love the slightly 70s looking saturated colors; so pretty!

    Your dress is super lovely as well; doesn't look too big in pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. these pictures are amazing. I love that colour dress, its so pretty!
    http://cgdn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous photos!
    Love Änglamark.

    ReplyDelete

Go on then!