Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Market day

  
Last weekend Georgia and I shared a market stall at Rozelle Markets in attempt to clean out our wardrobes. It was a completely gorgeous day - so sunny in fact, we both got a little burnt (eek!). Georgia took these fabulous photos - she had her own blog - check out her thoughtful and evocative photos. I am hoping to steal her awesome photography skill again soon :)

I wore my cat dress. I seriously love the print of the fabric - but it isn't the best quality. Unfortunately I also lined it with cheap rubbish, so I am planning on taking it apart and re-lining it. That print is too wonderful not to wear more often!

Also thanks to all the lovely people who came to visit me on Saturday - you guys are the best!


Outfit Details:
Dress - made by me
bag - thrifted
Sunnies - Historic House Trust store
Cardi - SES
h

18 comments:

  1. That sounds like a fun afternoon. Your cat dress really is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cat faces, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my dream come true print, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
    You look so lovely, my dear Rebeccak.
    I shall check your friends blog.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun dress! I'm such a sucker for anything with cats on it. The weather looks amazing there. I'm off to check out your friend's blog now: I'm ALSO a sucker for good photography! Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great dress! Well worth keeping and fixing. Having a stall can be a lot of fun, exhausting but fun ^U^ I hope managed to sell your stock and clear out your cupboards ^U^

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did not realize that was cat print until I saw the first comment and I am in LOVE! Those shoes were quite the deal as well, I hope you bought them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, I wish there were flea market type things here in Oregon. They're so much fun--especially when you're not looking for anything specific. There was a big one I always used to go to when I lived in Hawaii.

    It's totally true though. I've come to realize that I'm super prejudiced when I shop. I can look at something and then just breeze right past because of the shape, or print or color--and not even consider it. I love how blogging is slowly changing that :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i would have liked to go too! and your cat dress is AH-MAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, just discovered your blog and love it!
    And I adore the quirky cat print of your dress---yes, I am a crazy cat lady!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you made that? so cute :) check out my blog and etsy! i have my lookbook up.
    http://hammocksandtrampolines.blogspot.com
    http://etsy.com/shop/puddinp0p

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like so much fun! and that cat dress is AMAZING! Really- probably the most amazing thing I have seen in awhile. xoxo I want all of the things you were selling!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ♥nice post.)) love your blog♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is the most awesome print. Looking gorgeous! Hope the market went well :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That dress certainly amazing. Looks like a fun time, minus the sun burns!

    xoxo mama wolf

    ReplyDelete
  14. They are lovely pictures! The print is pretty hilarious, and very well accessorized by that cardigan. : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your dress! That's so cool that you made it yourself! Give me kitties on a dress any day :)

    ReplyDelete

Go on then!