Friday, April 22, 2011

Love Vintage

After breakfast on the beach I went to the Sydney 'Love Vintage' Fair. I have mixed feelings about the fair. It is lovely to browse and see some of the amazing things (like this beautifully embroidered cloche above), but the entry fee seems to go up each year and on the whole the stalls are way overpriced. This cloche was over $300, the skirt below $150 and the average '50s cotton dress close to $200! Even so, I found a few bargains and had fun browsing.
Antares - this is JUST like the coat you wore last week from Glebe Markets?


Who buys these little kids shoes?
This is what I bought - some lovely velvet and cotton which I have ear-marked for making into a full skirt,; a candy-striped day dress, a sensible mint-green skirt, gloves and 2 belts. I am particularly excited about the scout belt: Be Prepared!!

13 comments:

  1. Crazy prices! But that pink dress looks beautiful. I can't wait to see it on you. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. i neeeeed that red dress! maybe at a lower price, though...

    http://itscohen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The red skirt had my name on it, i am sure, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    have a nice Easter break, Rebeccak.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the candy striped dress looks lovely :) Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ~ * ♥ * ~

    I so didn't know this fair existed; I am glad I found out about it though! Next year... I am going to be there! Love the dress you pick up Rebeccak; I bet it was such a fun day. : D

    xox,
    bonita of Depict This!
    ~ * ♥ * ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow, looks like there were so many pretty things, love the dress you picked up

    http://blogoftheprettythings.blogspot.com/


    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I wish I could be there...

    Yr blog is great! I love it. I would like to follow yr blog, just wondering do you mind follow mine as well?

    http://mrsvintagehk.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fair's can be so hit and miss but the thrill is in discovering a well priced gem, or gems in your case - I look forward to seeing them in future posts. I hope you had a good Easter break x

    ReplyDelete
  9. ♥Love your post.) So nice.) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. love vintage too. you find one-off pieces that were made with so much love and soul.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That stack of clothes you bought looks awfully pretty; the pink and white striped dress is so sweet! I love the Boy Scout belt too; how funny/cute. I've always wanted to go to a vintage fair, though with prices like that it might be more of a window shopping experience!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The belt buckle a Scouting item, either mock or genuine ... you find the motto and the fleur-de-lis in Boy Scouts of America today.

    Matt P

    ReplyDelete

Go on then!