Thursday, March 3, 2011

Cent.

I have one or two more posts from my time away, but I wanted to do a bit of a special thing for my 100th post! So here you are - we happened to shoot these in Centennial Park. It was totally unplanned (I screamed PULL OVER THERE! on our way out to dinner), but seems entirely appropriate to be in this park, made for colonial Australia's Centennial in 1888 to celebrate my own 100.

Thank you to all of you who have followed along - it is quite exciting to reach such a mile stone.

This dress is another one I have had sitting in the dark depths of my wardrobe for a while. I initially bought it thinking 'yay summer', before realising it was quite heavy fabric and needed a slip. So it is now more a 'yay autumn and cool summer days!'. I think of it as a '70s demure safari dress. So I stuck my wildest animal pin on (my sleepy fox) and was amazed by the wild beasts that came our way - that is the bats that were flying out to feed as the sun set - you might just be able to see them - the little specks below above the trees.




Outfit Details:
Dress - Glebe markets
Shoes - Django and Juliette
Bag - thrifted
Fox pin - a little gift shop in Summer hill





22 comments:

  1. Another stunning dress! You look absolutely gorgeous. As if the silhouette wasn't enough, the flower print is adorable too :)
    The fox brooch is just perfect with it

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is just breath taking!! I love the pretty print at the hem line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment :) That dress is beautiful, the pic where it blows in the wind is really stunning. The sleepy fox is cute cute cute xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. beauuutiful! you look absolutely stunning. love the details on that dress! haha so funny that you stopped to take these pictures at the spur of the moment

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore your dress. So amazing, I love the print and the pleats. And your fox pin such a perfect touch.
    These photos are beautiful too.
    What a wonderful spur of the moment photo shoot :)
    -Madeleine

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful, beautiful dress Rebeccak. I love the 3dr photo from the top, and the way the wind adds to the whole outfit.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. How pretty! You have some stunning dresses, and this is one of my favourites. And I like the creative way of celebrating 100 posts. I kind of missed my 100th, but oh well. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful dress! This shape is so classic...one of my all time favorite silhouettes. I don't usually get excited about handbags, but this one is great. And of course the fox pin! :D Your blog is lovely, I will surely be back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty dress; it matches your hair perfectly! Thank you for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely ADORE that dress! (And the location! Centennial Park? Gorgeous.) These photos definitely transport you to another era which is the best. The best.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ~ * ♥ * ~

    Congrats on the 100th post milestone Rebeccak! I love your dress; it looks fantastic on you and that fox brooch is the perfect touch. Very lovely.

    xox,
    bonita of Depict This!
    ~ * ♥ * ~

    ReplyDelete
  12. pretty dress & photos. x


    p.s. I'm having a giveaway on my blog for a necklace from pie n the sky if you'd like to check it out. :) x
    devorelebeaumonstre.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. First off, hap[y 100th post! =]
    Secondly, your dress is UH-MAZ-ING! The little sleepy fox pin just completes the whole look!

    xoxo mama wolf.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These photos are beautiful. I love your dress.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i adore ur dress :)

    http://haveapeekinsidemywardrobe.blogspot.com/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful dress - it suits you so well. Congratulations on reaching 100 posts!
    It was nice seeing photos of Fraser Island a few posts back. I haven't been there since I was little but we camped there a few times as a family. Thank you ^U^

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love unique dresses like this one. It is so pretty!!! what a lovely windy day too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm convinced that this is the most beautiful dress I've ever seen. It's truly breath taking!

    ReplyDelete
  19. your dress is quite wonderful love its colours and print

    ReplyDelete

Go on then!