Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Surprise (Part Three)

On Sunday morning we got up bright and early to head to Surprise Destination no.3 - the pick-your-own berry farm at Montrose. We both really enjoyed it - in fact Ian got musing about how being a "gatherer" would make a really good solid career and thought he might choose it over the wildly unpredictable job of "hunter". Crazy boy.

I wore a super comfy jersey dress in berry-stain-proof black. I may also have done a little taste testing while picking:


For afternoon tea we shared a custard tart and some of our precious blackberries. We also browsed some of the antique stores and markets as we made our way home. I found a great '50s hat and parasol that were an absolute bargain at $15 for both! Other than that everything tended to be pretty overpriced. I will have to take some photos of them to show you in the next week or so!

 

4 comments:

  1. Nothing I like better than picking berries and eating them ummmmmmmmmmmmm.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another awesome dress and day by the looks of it :) Those berries look veeery yummie - not even thinking about the tart :P

    Thanks for the book recommendation btw L)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, lovely, lovely!! I really like the yellow cardigan with the Peter Pan collar. And as an answer to your question, I used a wool blend for the skirt. I don't remember anymore whether it's only wool, or if the fabric contains cotton etc, but it's mainly woollen! :)

    ReplyDelete

Go on then!