Sunday, July 18, 2010

First Dress

This is my new dress and first ever completed sewing project! I am so excited I a) managed to finish it and didn't get half-way through and give up; and b) made something that is actually wearable!!! It isn't perfect, there are issues with the fit of the bodice, and the fabric is so light the skirt seems to climb up my tights as I walk - so I will need to line that - but overall I am quite chuffed. Who wouldn't be in a dress full of cats?




dress- made by me!
shirt - not sure!
tights - myer
shoes - target
photos by Ian in my folk's lovely garden designed and planted by their celebrity gardener Costa


3 comments:

  1. It looks fantastic!! I'm impressed you went for such a complicated pattern --- pleats and everything!!

    What is the pattern number/company?

    Send more close-ups please! I'd love to see your zipper, something that has taken me ages to get anywhere with sewing but I think I'm finally okay at doing now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one of the cutest dresses ever! I don't know anything about sewing so I can't really say more than that.
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks beautiful! Nice job!!!! I bet you feel so accomplished!

    ReplyDelete

Go on then!