Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Breakfasts and Back Streets

I had an amazing Sunday. It began with breakfast with Ian in Newtown, we ate a place we had never been before and the portions were GIGANTIC! I'm suprised I could walk afterwards to take these photos in the highly aesthetic backstreets of Newtown. Then I wandered through a few vintage stores on the way to meet friends for an afternoon of knitting and tea at A Coffee and a Yarn. This cafe only opened a few months ago and it was the first time I had been there. It is a lovely bright space with a wall of wool and knitting suplies for sale and patterns dotted around the tables. They have really lovely coffee too (silly me forgot to get pics). In the evening I settled down to work on my first ever full-blown sewing project (which I am almost finished and will post on shortly!!). Lovely Sunday.

I bought this dress from Rhiannon at liebemarlene vintage. I often covet items in her shop, but when I saw this in my measurements it was too good to pass up - yes, I love purple. I think it is '80s doing '50s, since the fabric feels like a modern synthetic. I love the shape (that collar!) and its lightness. It will be great to wear with fewer layers in summer.



dress - from liebemarlene vintage
cardigan - SES
scarf - gift from my folk's trip to Milan
belt - can't remember!
tights - k-mart
shoes - naot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on then!