Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Welcome Detour

On my voyage to work this weekend, aboard Sydney's fondly nicknamed 'Shitty Rail', I was delivered to Museum station due to track work. I am getting used to track work as it is quickly falling from exception to become the rule on weekends. But, this weekend, I was pleasantly surprised as I alighted at Museum to discover all these lovely vintage advertisements.

I am sure I have been through Museum before, but I seem to have had my 'history goggles' on this weekend for the first time. The station has all its original signage from the turn of the 20thC. There are some fun fact on the station's wikipedia page.








2 comments:

  1. Museum is my station for work. Love it. Although Woolies did NOT come to the party with the old adverts. Theirs suck.

    ReplyDelete

Go on then!