Tuesday, June 8, 2010

De-tec-tive

Way back in December I bought this lovely coat from Lady Moon Vintage on Etsy. It is really difficult to buy a decent warm winter coat in Sydney without it costing the earth. I think retailers assume that no-one gets cold in our mild winter, so they sell unlined cotton coats, but charge 'properly-lined-wool-coat' prices. So last december I decided to take all that winter-inspiration floating around the blog-o-sphere and buy myself a sensible warm awesomely cool coat. I have been waiting patiently for winter ever since.

Boy is it warm!I felt like I was in my snuggly dressing gown all day. The cape is detachable and unfortunately will probably only be needed for over-seas adventures in properly freezing climates. Or next time I want to look like Sherlock Holmes!

Ian and I had a lot of fun playing detective around our apartment building. We took full advantage of the lovely art-deco features.

coat and detachable cape - Lady moon vintage
top - supre (not seen!)
skirt - thrifted
tights - Myer
boots - timberland


2 comments:

  1. Glad you are enjoying the coat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comments!! I love the cape you are wearing!!
    http://anthonyesau.wordpress.com/ is the artist who did my background for my blog, but the colours were changed a little for it.

    ReplyDelete

Go on then!