Friday, June 4, 2010

Chai Tea



I have been drinking truck-loads of tea lately. I spend most mornings reading at the moment, and sit looking out at the gloomy weather, sipping tea, pondering my books.

For the last few years I have been making my own Chai tea mix. It is really simple! I just whizz up the spices pictured in my coffee grinder (cinnamon, cardamon, nutmeg, cloves, star annis and a dash of chili) and mix it with loose leaf black tea. I am never exact about the measurements, but tend to put mostly cinnamon, cardamon and cloves. I also adjust it once I've tasted it. I brew it in a pot, add a spoonful of honey (and sometimes some vanilla) and milk... then drink!

Today I made rye toast with penut butter, honey and pipettos to go with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on then!