Thursday, April 22, 2010

Couch renovation: gathering inspiration













(Images from Design*Sponge, Apartment Therapy, and Signature Prints)

I am searching for fabric (and tutorials!) in the quest to re-upholster our couch. We bought it through the classifieds for a song, but it is covered in stains and marks from it's previous life. At the moment we have a length of fabric thrown over it. The couch is actually a really lovely shape - like a two-seater version of the first photo, so it is a shame to hide it under a sheet.

I love the bold prints and bright colours above. I particularly like the lattice-work inspired fabric. There is something elegant about the simple lines, but it is also visually stimulating. The tricky thing is, that most general fabric stores don't stock these sorts of patterns, and the fancy places I have found them charge through the nose. So this weekend I am going to scout out some thrift store and see if I can find some cute curtains or bed linen that looks like it needs a new life in the form of couch-cushions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on then!